We are looking for our new R&D Food Scientist where you will be in charge of new product developments (NPD) for the McCain Group in Europe for Appetizers. You will be responsible for delivering NPD projects within quality, timing and cost constraints. As a R&D Food Scientist you will work closely together with the marketing, commercial, procurement, operational and technical departments. You will be the technical lead and involve all the team members (both internally as externally) of the project in order to achieve common goals. You will also coordinate and investigate all solutions and opportunities in order to deliver new product proposals or to improve existing products.
This is a regional role based in the Netherlands in our (Scelta) Rilland Site with frequent travel to other European countries up to 30%. You will be able to work from home up to 40%.
The R&D department is in charge of new product developments for the McCain Group in Europe for Prepared Potato & Appetizers categories : from idea to launch of the product in partnership with marketing, sales & operations.
- You participate actively to build the product brief with the marketing department by being the technical voice.
- You advise, inﬂuence, prioritize & propose innovative solutions to our partners.
- You review technical feasibility & propose innovative solutions to answer commercial needs
- You organize, conduct & follow-up the technical studies and trials.
- You define project road map through our internal stage/gate process.
- You develop new recipes, present new formulation options for decision-making and articulate the impact of each option.
- You develop products from kitchen scale to industrial production.
- You are in charge of filling in all documents related to the process including protocols & trial reports.
- You provide technical leadership to project teams in alignment with key stakeholders, communicating in an integrated and consistent manner throughout project lifecycle, including project reviews; technical risk mitigation and post launch reviews.
- You coordinate internal & external technical resources of the project.
- You are accountable for product implementation in the Mc Cain factory or at industrial partner side.
- You follow & approve industrial trials and first productions.
- You are representing Continental Europe R&D in global worldwide projects.
- You proactively bring new product ideas or concepts that could integrate NPD pipeline
- You have an HBO thinking level with a background in Chemistry or Food Processing.
- You have already a first successful experience within an R&D environment.
- Ideally you have experience in cheese products development
- You have strong communicative skills, and are able to build and manager internal and external relationships in an international and intercultural environment.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French are beneficial.
- You are passionate about food.
- You have a strong organizational sense, and show courage to lead projects.
- You have a strong customer focus.
Things to remember:
- This role is also open for internships, and fresh graduates.
- Varied and stimulating missions and projects
- An international team that is very open in their communication with a pragmatic approach.
- You will be creating new products for McCain, and will bring direct added value.
- You will be the first one to test our new products, like our coated mushrooms which are not even on the market yet.
More information about McCain:
McCain is a leading Canadian company in the frozen potato products market. With 22,000 employees worldwide, more than 1,000 employees in France and a presence for over 40 years, McCain France has created a partnership with 800 farmers.
Today, McCain has 49 production plants worldwide. McCain promotes values of integrity, authenticity, commitment and solidarity by being an agent of change in a context where the safety of all is paramount.
To achieve this, actions in favor of environmental protection have been put in place: sustainable agriculture, efficient use of resources, quality food and prosperous communities.